Face Product,

[REVIEW] Luscious Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation in Warm Ivory

Friday, May 25, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 15 Comments

I always look forward to new products from Luscious Cosmetics. They continuously come out with great range perfect for Pakistani women focusing on olive undertones and the scorching heat in the county. The newest product released is the Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation, promising to be an all in one product by using it wet or dry.
Luscious Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation in Warm Ivory
Luscious Flawless Finish Powder
A powder and foundation (also known as 2 Way Cake) combined in one portable compact for long lasting and skin-perfecting results. This silky and lightweight powder foundation can be used wet or dry, depending on the desired coverage, for a polished and flawless complexion.
For Natural Coverage: Apply over a primer with a dry sponge or powder brush to even out skin tone.
For Full Coverage: Apply with a damp sponge for a flawless matte finish.
Dermatologist Tested
Non-Comedogenic
Suitable for all skin types
Luscious Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation in Warm Ivory
Packaging:
Like all Luscious products, they always come out with unique packaging seen in international brands. I love the large mirror that comes with it, you can easily see your entire face. The lid does not close securely, I would travel with this product and keep it in the box. It comes with a sponge which is a bit stiff to use, I prefer carrying a powder puff.
Luscious Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation in Warm Ivory
0.5 Warm Ivory has more yellow undertone compared to 0 Ivory. I was sure that Warm Ivory would be a perfect match since Ivory is my shade for the other foundations and powders in the Luscious range. Warm Ivory gives a nice added glow to my skin without making it look chalky. 
Luscious Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation in Warm Ivory
Swatch:
Products Used:
Luscious Cosmetics Whitening Base (reviewed here)
Luscious Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation in Warm Ivory
Silk Naturals Cream Concealer in Shade 2 (reviewed here)
Avon Blush in Golden Glow
Sleek Oh So Special Palette (eyes and brows)
Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara (reviewed here)
Luscious Lip Couture in En Vogue (reviewed here)

Luscious Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation in Warm Ivory Swatch

To Sum it up:
I was expecting a cream to powder foundation when I first heard about the Luscious Flawless Finish Powder, its bascially suppose to be a cake foundation since its a powder formula but you can use it wet. I could not (and still can't) figure out how to pick up the product with a wet brush or sponge. I tried wetting the sponge that came with the compact and then dipping it into the product and I was unable to get any product on the sponge, I was just left with a hard crusty layer. The sponge that comes with the compact is really stiff to use, it doesn't blend the product into my skin when I try to buff out the product. It just didn't work for me!

This is amazing to use dry, I love the finish and its long wearing ladies!! For my oily t-zone this has been the perfect product. If you have an oily t-zone I recommend using this and Luscious Cosmetics Whitening Base. I skip out on moisturizer and I was amazed at how matte my skin was even after 4 hours. I applied both of the products at 7am and by 1pm I could see the powder was still in place. 

I really like the powder, its a definite hit for me! Its a soft texture and it doesn't fall out all over the place when you swirl your brush in which is my pet peeve, I hate seeing powder all over my compacts. 

Warm Ivory is a tad bit too light for me but it gives a radiant glow to my skintone, it evens out the yellowyness in my complexion without looking ghostly. The coverage is amazing, I like how natural the finish is. There are 6 shades available, and I'm pretty sure you will be able to find your perfect match.

It works great for doing touch ups through the day, it doesn't leave behind that dusty/powder look. For a heavy coverage I use a powder puff and for medium coverage I use a flat top powder brush to buff in the product all over. 
If you have a hard time using liquid foundation because of your oily skin, this is the product for you! It works amazingly well on keeping my face matte, even with the Karachi summer heat.

Likes:
- Long wearing
- Great for oily t-zone
- Mattifying
- Doesn't Cake up
- Medium to full coverage powder
- Evens out skintone

Dislikes:
- Flimsy Packaging
- Included sponge doesn't blend well
- Difficult to use wet

Price: 975Rs
Rating: 4.5/5
Availability: All leading super stores and Luscious Webstore

You Might Also Like

15 comments:

  1. Your skin looks flawless! Nice review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog.
    packaging is the key of big sale product.attractive packaging is very important for products.
    product packaging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear You have been nominated for versatile Beauty blogger award Congratz visit the link to know the details:) http://sparklingmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-first-bloggers-award-versitile.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. good review... two way cakes are no doubt hit for oily skin types... will try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luscious has done a great job with this one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad to hear it's hard to apply with a wet sponge but you look flawless anyways xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eye makeup in this post looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for any other fantastic post. The place else could anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal method of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such information.
    Custom lip balm boxes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great info and right to the point. I don’t know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you guys have any ideea where to hire some professional writers? Thanks.
    Mailer boxes

    ReplyDelete