Face Product,

[REVIEW] NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation in Medium Beige

Friday, May 18, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 6 Comments

Powder foundation is must in my everyday makeup routine because of my oily t-zone. The NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation looked like a product that would work really well for me! Promising to be Sweat and Water Resistant along with being an HD product, sounds like something perfect for summer!


What NYX Say:
Get the matte finish that features effortless, natural-looking hues to help you achieve a flawless complexion. The Stay Matte Not Flat Powder Foundation comes in a variety of gorgeous shades that provide the perfect finish to flatter all skin tones!


  • Powder foundation duo that provides perfect, full coverage and an on-trend matte finish


  • Oil-free formulation is designed for all skin types


  • Available in a range of gorgeous shades that flatter a variety of skin tones with a flawless finish


  • Get the matte finish that features effortless, natural-looking hues to help you achieve a flawless complexion


  • The Stay Matte Not Flat Powder Foundation comes in a variety of gorgeous shades that provide the perfect finish to flatter all skin tones!

    Directions
    Dot on face and use fingers, sponge or brush to blend. Works perfectly with NYX concealers and powders.



  • Packaging:
    Not the most easiest product to travel with since its a large compact. Its on the chunky side. I love that it comes with a big mirror and there is a separate compartment for the powder puff so that your product doesn't contaminate. It comes with a round sponge with I loath! I can't stand sponges with powder products because of how the sponge and powder feel when I apply it on my skin. For touch ups I use a powder puff.
    NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation- Medium Beige

    NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation- Medium Beige

    NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation- Medium Beige
    To Sum it up:
    With my oily t-zone, I can never skip out on applying powder. With the NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation I love the finish of the powder but after about 2-3 hours my t-zone just washes it away. It doesn't help to keep my oil down, it stays matte for about 2-3 hours until my t-zone stars acting up! Especially with the weather, I would recommend this for the winters.

    Medium Beige is the absolute perfect shade for my skin for between light and medium complexion. I like that there is a huge variety of shades available so you will find a shade perfect for you. The powder has a soft silky texture. This doesn't give a chalky feeling to your skin when applied. The powder has some 'sparkly' particles but its extremely fine-- hardly noticeable. It gives the slightest glow to your skin while keeping it matte which is the reason why it won't make your skin look chalky. It works well for touch ups with throughout the day since it doesn't cake up, no matter how much product you apply. I tried it over a few different primers and the results were pretty much the same. 

    I use the ELF Powder brush with this foundation, it picks up a good amount of powder for a medium coverage. If you swirl your brush around in the product too much you will have tons of fallout in the pan. I press the brush down in the product, since its has flat top so I suggest not to swirl but tap into the powder. 

    I have been using this product for less then a month now and I have already hit PAN! If you plan on using this on its own then you will end up hitting the pan quickly. I found that this does not work well with a liquid foundation, for my oily skin I tend to not use a medium or full coverage foundation. This will not help to keep your t-zone oil-free. Also I didn't like the sheer results of using it with a light hand, it just looked like I wasn't wearing anything. 

    This product didn't wow me which was disappointing. If you have normal type skin then I suggest to go for it.

    Likes:
    - Doesn't leave you with a cake-face
    - Mattifying
    - Great for touch ups
    - Wide variety of shades

    Dislikes:
    - Not long wearing
    - Chunky packaging
    - Not a lot of product
    - A lot of fall out


    Price: $8.08

    Rating: 3/5

    Availability: Blanc to Noir online webstore here


    You Might Also Like

    6 comments:

    1. Doesn't seem so good for my skin type I guess. Thanks for sharing :) x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Its so unfortunate, I always love NYX's products

        Delete
    2. thanx for the review...it is really hard to get a complete solution of oily t zone...i have oily t-zone and i always look for a good powder...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is very hard! I had my hopes up for this product :(

        Delete
    3. hmm nice review .. def not a right product for my skin type..thanx for sharing

      ReplyDelete
    4. I also has a oily skin, not suitable for me :(

      ReplyDelete