Lips,

[REVIEW] Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks

Sunday, June 03, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 16 Comments

Who doesn't love a drugstore product that feels like luxury! The new Kate Moss lipstick collection by Rimmel just released this year with some amazing shades. Today I will be reviewing Shade 12 and 5.
What Rimmel Say:
Kate Moss has created her first ever lipstick collection for Rimmel London. With a selection of fashion-forward shades to choose from in an exclusive signature pack. The Lipstick Collection is a true chic treat, a must have for every Rimmel London Lover. With a breakthrough formula featuring the exclusive black diamond pigment complex, the lipstick reflects like never before creating gorgeous tones that make you look, and then look again. Kate’s collection captures the flair, edge and timelessness of her unique look. With 7 shades get ready to fall in love with your favourite!
Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks in Shade 12 & 5
The packaging comes in a sleek matte black tube, its super sturdy!
Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks in Shade 12 & 5
Shade 12: A bright tangerine orange, super opaque.
Shade 5: A soft pink, not as bright and bold as Shade 12. Its a bit on the sheer side.
Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks Swatch
Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks Shade 5 Swatch
Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks Shade 12 Swatch
To Sum it up:
I love any product that promises to be long-wearing and actually delivers. These lipsticks both have a semi-matte finish, its not over drying on my lips. I do suggest scrubbing your lips and applying lip balm if you find that your lips get too dry, another option is to find a creamy lipliner to use as a base. 

These have been the longest wearing lipsticks I've ever tried. It has a sort of moisturizing benefit that doesn't dry out your lips like matte finish lipsticks do. Shade 12 is more pigmented than Shade 5, it is a bright orange shade which I find toning it down with a neutral tone lipliner works really well. Shade 5 is similar to my natural lip color, this one has been my favorite to wear for the daytime! These don't feather out on their own, they stay put once you apply it.

These do accentuates fine lines but whenever I find that the product starts building up I just press my lips together to smooth it out.  I don't need to touch up my lips for about 5 to 6 hours, it doesn't face evenly. It leaves these patchy fade marks which is why I recommend wearing a lipliner.

I love the scent of these lipsticks. It doesn't have any sort of taste but it has a mild fruity scent which isn't overpowering after you apply it. One aspect that I like about these is that the lipstick bullet is stiff, lately many of my lipsticks have broken because of the weather and these are pretty hard but still apply smoothly on my lips.

I highly recommend checking these out if you hate touching up your make up every couple of hours.

Likes:
- Long wearing
- Highly pigmented
- Packaging
- Semi-matte finish
- Mild Fruit scent

Dislikes:
- Leaves a stain
- Accentuates fine lines

Price: 825Rs
Rating: 5/5
Availability: All leading super stores, Just4Girls.pk

You Might Also Like

16 comments:

  1. gorgeous shades! been meaning to try something from the kate moss line

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of the shades look awesome... i love shade 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely! Specially the tangerine one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowest colors Dear. My choice is 12. I love this shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look amazing!! I love that shade 5 can be used as a day-wear lipstick and then shade 12 is like more of a glamorous night time color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my eye on the coral one, yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the colours look great on you. But I love Shade 5. I am going to get this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors! I love that orange <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like 05, it's gorgeous. i want to try these now, good review, the fact that they are long lasting and stain is a def plus to me

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowww gorg colors... love the review...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Shade 12 is something!! I have a secret love for bright oranges that's only stays inside the house hahah! Well, I wore a bright orange lip only once and that too at a wedding where the yellow light made it look toned down so nobody noticed ;)

    ReplyDelete