Blush,

[REVIEW] ELF Studio Blush in Peachy Keen

Monday, October 31, 2011 Sidrah!!!! 13 Comments

I'm not a huge blush fan, to be honest I only reach for 2 blushes that I love wearing. When I got to try out some products from ELF, which I posted a Shop and Tell about here, I had to try a peach color blush. ELF has 2 Peach shade blush's in their Studio range, Candid Coral and Peachy Keen. I decided to go for Peachy Keen because of the subtle shade since Candid Coral is a bit more deeper. 

E.L.F Says:

Studio Blush- The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow! The Studio Blush line has 11 shades.

The Studio Blush comes in a 4.75g Weight. The packaging doesn't seem cheap at all, it comes with a tiny mirror and its made from really thick plastic which is great for traveling.
Peachy Keen is a Nude shade blush with gold shimmer. Its a sheer product so it won't add color if you have medium to dark skin tone but the shimmer will be noticeable. When blushes are super pigmented it can be a bit difficult controlling how much product you need, since Peachy Keen isn't as pigmented it can be layered as a highlight or paired with another blush. It is super shimmery so I don't think one should layer this blush too much, it's a very subtle blush and will suit more pale skintones.
Swatch:
Compared to Avon's Golden Glow (my all time fav peach blush) its more chalky/powdery. You can see the fallout in the swatch It looks pretty swatched on my wrist, but my face is about 2 shades darker so it doesn't show up as well. It add a nice highlight if I use it with Golden Glow. Golden Glow applies is much more smoother and shows up well on my cheeks. I wanted to compare the blush's to show you which works for my skin-tone as well as the finish of both the blushes. 
It is barely noticeable when photographed. I applied 3 layers of the product. The other blush I've tried from ELF is the Studio Blush/Bronzer Duo which I love. Its not as chalky and you can easily control how much product you need. 

Likes:
- Sturdy Packaging
- Portable
- Includes a mirror
- Gives a nice glow

Dislikes:
- Sheer
- Powdery

Rating: 3/5
Price: 
$3 in US
400Rs in PK(not available yet)

Check out ELF Online: 


You Might Also Like

13 comments:

  1. I wish it were a lil more pigmented. The shade is gorgeous! <3 x Can make a good everyday blusher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really good on your cheeks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. It is a nice glowy blush, looks good on you. I am a blush freak :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would've been such a lovely blush if it was a bit more pigmented. Still a very pretty colour :)

    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww it looks way too shimmery for my taste ):

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this shade, but mine is far more gold than peach. Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review, lovely shades, bit shimmery...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice product in very reasonable price thank you for the review

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great with your skin tone.

    I agree it should be a bit more pigmented. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks great on your cheek bone...i wish they would be more pigmented

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Peachy Keen too, but it hardly shows up on me :p It seems to be more of a highlighter than a blush. Both look really good on your cheeks :D

    ReplyDelete