Liz Earle,

[REVIEW] Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic + Skin Repair Moisturizer

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 Sidrah!!!! 6 Comments

Cleansing your skin should be Step 1 of your skin routine, after that a toner and a moisturizer should be used to get the best results. If you haven't read my previous post on the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish have a looky here. For today I have a review of 2 products from their skincare range, the  Instant Boost Skin Tonic + Skin Repair Moisturizer. I had a great experience with the Cleanse & Polish which gave me high expectations for the following products. One component in skin care that I feel is critical is how the product makes you feel after an hour or so after using them. I really admire how all the product's I have tried from Liz Earle so far have a refreshing scent, made from natural ingredients you can really smell that no extra ingredients were added just for the scent.


Skin Repair Moisturiser™ Light – Combination/oily


What Liz Earle say:

Light and gentle, this easily absorbed moisturising lotion is ideal for combination, oily or problem skin.This finely balanced blend of naturally active skin-conditioning ingredients includes borage oil (a rich source of the essential fatty acid GLA), echinacea, hops, avocado oil, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) and natural antioxidants beta-carotene and vitamin E to replace lost moisture and help protect your skin, leaving it soft and smooth with a naturally healthy glow.Massage into face and neck, morning and night, after Instant Boost Skin Tonic.Includes borage and avocado to lightly moisturise and balance the skin.
How to use:
Gently massage Skin Repair Light into face and neck morning and night after Instant Boost Skin Tonic.
Contains Naturally Active Ingredients:
Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare)Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima)Borage Oil (Borago officinalis)Beta-caroteneHops Extract (Humulus lupulus)D-panthenolGlycerinEchinacea Extract (Echinacea angustifolia/purpurea)Vitamin E (Tocopherol)You can find the full ingrediant list here

To Sum it up!
I love how this moisturizer smells, its so light and refreshing. For a few days I was using this in the morning and after an hour I felt my face sweating the product off. Its not meant for humid or hot weather, so its best to use just a smallest amount. It didn't break out my skin at all. My skin didn't feel oily after using it. This would be great for dry weather conditions. 

Likes:
- Smells refreshing
- Light texture
- Easy and controllable packaging

Dislikes:
- Greasy feeling after an hour
- Not meant for hot weather

Rating:
3.5/5
50 ml pump priced at £18.25

Instant Boost™ Skin Tonic


What Liz Earle say:

This heavenly floral-scented, non-drying toner refreshes, soothes and brightens your skin. Gentle and alcohol-free, it also adds a fine layer of moisture.Pour onto a cotton wool pad and sweep over face and neck after using Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. Alternatively spritz over face and body to revitalise at any time.Naturally active ingredients include organic aloe vera to revitalise and soften and calendula, chamomile, cucumber and natural source vitamin E to soothe and refresh the skin.
How to Use:

Instant Boost Skin Tonic is the essential second stage of your daily regime:
Moisten a cotton wool pad and sweep over face and neck every morning and night after cleansing with Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser or using one of our special treatment masks. Whether your skin is dehydrated, oily, dull or congested, the nourishing and brightening botanicals will help to leave your skin feeling soft and looking fresh for longer. It also primes your skin perfectly for your choice of Liz Earle Moisturiser.
Alternatively spritz over face and body to revitalise at any time. The fine mist can even be used over make-up.

Contains Naturally active ingredients:


Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis)
Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
Calendula Extract (Calendula officinalis)
Chamomile Essential Oil/Extract (Anthemis nobilis)
Hops Extract (Humulus lupulus)
Cucumber Extract (Cucumis sativus)
Geranium Essential Oil (Pelargonium graveolens)
Glycerin
D-panthenol

To Sum it up!
I really wish I asked for the spritzer bottle! I find that the bottle really bursts the product out when I twist it open, since its a liquid it spills all over so I try to place a cotton pad directly over the opening and then twist it open so that whatever spills goes on the cotton pad. It smells just very light and clean, I think in hot weather I would place this in the refrigerator and it would be a very nice way to wake up in the morning. A great component of this product is that you can apply it after using makeup if you use a spray bottle. I will transfer this product in a spray bottle so that it will be easier to use. I really like using this product, I like to apply this mostly over my T-zone to absorb most of the oil. It does a good job of further maintaining clean skin.

Likes:
- Can use over makeup
- Refreshing feeling
- Clean scent
- Absorbs excess oil

Dislikes:
- Flimsy twist up packaging

Rating:
4/5
200 ml bottle priced at £12.25

For more Information Liz Earle Can be found on Facebook and Twitter



You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. I love the skin tonic. It's my favorite! <3 Great review. I am sure the moisturizer would be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sidrah i m so tempted.. Want it badlx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I love the skin tonic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And ofcourse, I love the spritzer - it is much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review dear .. i love the packaging <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete