Face Product,

[REVIEW] Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint

Friday, November 04, 2011 Sidrah!!!! 5 Comments

I've grown a fondness for Liz Earle's products, I've raved about their Cleanse & Polish as well as their Skin Boosting Tonic so I got to try out the Sheer Skin Tint, which is the first makeup product they have launched. It promises to enhance your skin making it dewy along with working alongside their skin care range.

Sheer Skin Tint SPF15

Liz Earle says:

The perfect way to enhance your skin. Our rich and creamy, yet lightweight formula leaves all skin types looking naturally dewy, even and radiant. With mineral UV SPF15, it’s enriched with our own blend of natural source vitamin E, borage and avocado, specially selected to work in harmony with our skincare range.
Apply a little Sheer Skin Tint onto forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, then blend with fingertips over your face.
Suitable for all skin types

At first glance this looks like a tinted moisturizer, providing just a tiny bit of coverage with the added bonus of SPF 15. This can be called a light coverage foundation since the consistency and coverage is better than a tinted moisturizer. I usually add a tiny amount of foundation in my moisturizer if a light coverage so this saves that step! 
The sheer skin tint is a creamy formula just like a regular foundation and blends very easily into the skin without adding too much color. Do not expect full coverage with this product since it’s purpose is to give a light coverage. I would say that the coverage isn't very sheer, the coverage is noticeable but very natural. It doesn't cover up imperfections such as acne marks or dark spots. This product is ideal for daytime use since the product just blends in with your natural skin tone. 
This does apply very easily so you can use it without a brush if you are in a hurry. After initially applying it, it feels like a light foundation but after about 20 mins or so it does absorb into the skin but you can still feel the product. It does feel slick on the skin initially which is why I use a powder on top. After a few hours of use you can feel it on your skin but the coverage doesn't show.

I really love how the Liz Earle skin care range has clean and floraly scents so of course I was expecting this product to have the same sort of scent but it doesn't have any which is probably due it being in their makeup range.
I was unsure about which shade would suit me between Bare 01 and Beige 02 since there are times my skin becomes extremely tanned because of the weather but Beige looks really natural on my skin. My skin does get a bit oily through the day so I do need to use a mattifying powder which combined with this sheer skin tint just gives the perfect amount of coverage for daytime. I don't think this would be ideal for someone with really oily skin, but a powder might be necessary. 
 Sheer Skin Tint in Beige 02

The Sheer Skin Tint comes in 3 shades.
Bare 01- The palest shade, this suits fair, alabaster complexions.
Beige 02- The medium shade, this suits the majority of Caucasian skins.
Beach 03- The darkest shade, this works well for suntanned, olive-toned and most Asian skin tones.

The Skin Tint does contain mineral UV protection SPF15. The ingredients contain botanicalsavocado, borage as well as vitamin E which would work in correlation with their skin care products. 
I really like the packaging, it's a very sleek black tube and easy to control how much product you need.

To Sum it up:
This product is great for someone who is in a hurry in the morning. I didn't feel the need to apply a moisturizer with this since I feel it hydrates my skin. A powder was necessary for me since it gives a very dewy finish, I wouldn't say it made my skin oily but my t-zone has a tendency to become oily throughout the day. Coverage wise I think its perfect for daytime use and even if you need a light coverage for the evening. 

Likes:
- Perfect for daytime use
- Blends into natural skin tone
- Contains natural ingredients
- Enhances your natural skin

Dislikes:
- Scentless
- Requires a mattifying powder
- Pricey for a skin tint

Rating:
4/5

40ml tube priced at £20.00

For more Information Liz Earle Can be found on Facebook and Twitter

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

  1. this seems to be really nice for the lightest coverage! nice review:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love products that wont give a cakey finish:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great detailed review. Great job Sidrah! I wish I could avail this other than on an online shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smooth finish. Great review. ^^

    ReplyDelete