Tutorial

[TUTORIAL] Sultry Sweetheart-- Valentine's Day Eye look

Friday, February 03, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 23 Comments

Hello everyone!

I've been seeing a lot of Valentine's day inspired makeup around the beauty blog world so I wanted to do a look that would be perfect for the occasion or any other late night event. The look I came up with has a soft pink shadow all over the lid and then using a deep plum shade in the crease. I used a rich black gel liner to accentuate the eyes along with lengthening black mascara to really make the eye's smokey and sultry!


So lets get started! First prime your eyelid with your favorite primer, you want to make sure the primer evens out your skin tone. The first shade I used is Bare Escentuals loose eyeshadow in Strawberry Daiquiri. You can use any light frosty pink shade. I applied this with a damp flat shader brush from Clarity.

Next taking a matte black shadow and a flat liner brush you want to map out where you want the crease to end. I use this method instead of applying tape since it's really uncomfortable for me. I used Noir from Sleek's Oh So Special Palette with Avon's liner brush.

Next taking Sigma's E25 blending brush and a deep plum shade start by blending out the black and then take the shadow and keep applying it. I used Celebrate from Sleek's Oh So Special Palette. You want to create a smooth gradient to the pink. Make sure to NOT apply too much product.

Now we are going to start darkening the shadow. Taking the same plum shade on a tapered brush, create a C shape with the shadow and blending it up into the crease. I used Adesign's Pointed Concealer brush.

This is what you should have now. Make sure you blend the purple and pink well. Next taking a matte cream shade blend the edges of the purple. I took Bow from Sleek's Oh So Special Palette with a sponge tip applicator to pack on the color.

Taking the same matte shade apply this in the inner tear duct making sure to blend it in with the pink.

This is what you should have now! I took some more of the purple and the black and applied it on the lower lashline making sure to connect it with crease shade. I also took a peachy shade from the same Sleek palette and applied it in the middle of the lash line.


Now clean up all of the fallout and apply your favorite black eyeliner and mascara. I used Essence Midnight in Paris gel liner on the top and lower lashline and Avon's waterproof mascara in black.

So here is our final look! 

I hope you all like my valentine's day inspired eye makeup! If you have done a look leave a link in the comment section, I would love to check it out!

<3

You Might Also Like

23 comments:

  1. Ahh soo jealous! You're fantastic at explaining and clearly showing whats going on (: Love that the look isn't too overly pinky (: the darker colors really balances it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very vivid Images and great look.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look you created. It is so pretty and wearable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute gorgeousness! <3 beautiful combo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much. I love your tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look it's very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw thank you ALL for the lovely comments! I will surely be doing more tutorials for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw so pretty nice...I'm gonna try it...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i dont know why images are not completely loading so i cant see the entire look... :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful!

    hiraschaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely look! i love your blog!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the tutorial and EOTD! I had been looking for long for such a soft pink and brown eye look and here it is!!! Following you by GFC :)
    http://goldensequinns.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really pretty look! I'm going to try something similar as I have that Sleek palette. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love this look! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. valentines day quotes

    ReplyDelete