Hair Products,

Products and Tips to help grow your hair

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 21 Comments

Since the past year I made the commitment to grow my hair out. I've never liked having long hair before because it is a bit more difficult to manage and it takes some effort to take care of. My hair isn't extremely long but this is the longest its ever been for me and its exciting for me to see it grow. My hair grows really slow, I would say about 2 inches every 6 months. I've seen so many girls who have long hair but you can tell they don't take care of their locks. What's the point to having long hair when more than half is just nasty split ends? 


So I wanted to share some tips and products to keep your hair long and healthy if you are planning to grow it out and to avoid nasty split ends. Of course you don't have to use ALL of the mentioned products but I wanted to shed some light on some that I found to be very helpful to me. 

Products to help keep your hair long and healthy:


Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive oil is your best friend. Oil a necessity for keeping moisture locked in your hair. I usually apply oil at the ends and a little on my scalp at least once a week, I leave it on for about 4 hours or so. If your hair is really dry I would recommend to use it more then once a week depending on how often you wash your hair.


Tip: Use Coconut Oil in the summer since it works really well to seal in moisture. In the winters the weather is dry so it won't work well for your hair.


Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Shampoo 
I love this shampoo! I always fear getting split ends and end up having to chop off my hair but this has helped in keeping my ends really healthy. It doesn't leave my hair that dry but for someone who has really dry hair I would recommend using their conditioner with this. I don't use conditioner since my hair gets extremely oily after a day. Ever since I stopped using conditioner my hair looks clean and less sticky even after the first day of washing it and I prefer to wash my hair every other day. If needed I use a tiny bit of the Sunsilk Smooth and Soft conditioner only at the ends. 


Dove Smooth and Soft Frizz Cream/ Leave In Replenishing Mist
Some days when I want to style my hair I use a frizz serum. These work really well and it only takes a small amount for all over the ends. I use either one of these after my hair is dry. What I love about Dove products is that they don't add so much moisture that your hair looks oily, it will help in keeping your hair detangled and soft throughout the day. I apply either one of these on the ends.


John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock/Satin Shine
For a kick of shine I use the Shine Shock, its a serum formula so it works really well for after your straighten your hair. The Satin Shine is similar to the Dove Anti Frizz Cream, it leaves my hair soft and manageable throughout the day.

Papaya Volumizing Spray
My hair tends to be flat with long hair. One of the main reasons why I never liked growing my hair. This product really helps in giving a boost of volume on the scalp. I use this after washing my hair, after combing my hair I spritz this on my scalp and then I take a small clip and create a bump leaving it on until my hair dries. Once dried my crown area gets a ton of volume. It does harden if you spray too much.

Wide Tooth Comb
For me I need to comb my hair throughout the day if I've kept it all down. Tangles can result to damaging your hair. So comb your hair before and after you shower as well as before going to bed. If you comb your hair before you shower it'll make be easier to wash your hair and prevent any further tangles after you're done showering. 

Tip: With a wide tooth comb start combing your hair from the ends and work your way up.



So here is how long my hair is now, it might not be long for some but for me this is pretty long! Its been a huge commitment to keep it growing since I loved having short hair.

So I hope this post was helpful if you have long hair or are considering to grow it out. If you have any tips please share!


These products should be available in any major store in Pakistan.

You Might Also Like

21 comments:

  1. I love using Olive oil in hair. It works wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use olive oil as well :)Your hair looks very healthy so you must be doing something right;)
    Where did you get the wide toothed comb btw?I like that its ends are rounded so they dont damage the scalp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used olive oil. Thanks for sharing useful tips and products :)
    P.S. Trim your hair once in every 3 months. It made my hair grow long too, as I have the same issue that my hair grows long very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a unique comb! My one only has one side. This was such an informative post (: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The comb I bought from a cosmetics store near my place. I'm sure you can find these if you look for them.

    Thanx for the tip Rabeeyah I will def get my hair trimmed this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very helpful! I never knew Freeman has hair products though?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Gaby Yea I'm not sure if its available in the UK, but there are so many root volumizers that can work just as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I've always wanted to try the brilliant brunette line. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great ideas!
    http://liana-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post very helpful :) I have really long hair and I have to look after it a lot. I actually use a lot of similar products to these and I use that shampoo too. its amazing works really well! Also try the beautiful ends hair mask I did a post on that too. It's really good! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post very helpful :) I have really long hair and I have to look after it a lot. I actually use a lot of similar products to these and I use that shampoo too. its amazing works really well! Also try the beautiful ends hair mask I did a post on that too. It's really good! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post very helpful :) I have really long hair and I have to look after it a lot. I actually use a lot of similar products to these and I use that shampoo too. its amazing works really well! Also try the beautiful ends hair mask I did a post on that too. It's really good! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing post! im always scared to not use conditioner as my hair is long and has bleach in it, but some are so heavy they leave my hair feeling disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It feels awesome to read such informative and unique articles on your websites.
    how to make hair grow faster

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just commenting to make you be aware of what a brilliant encounter my friend’s girl enjoyed studying your web site. She noticed several things, including what it’s like to have an ideal coaching style to have men and women with no trouble master a variety of complicated subject areas. You undoubtedly did more than readers’ expectations. Thank you for distributing these warm and friendly, dependable, edifying and unique guidance on that topic to Ethel. how to grow hair

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have noticed that of all sorts of insurance, medical health insurance is the most controversial because of the discord between the insurance company’s obligation to remain adrift and the customer’s need to have insurance coverage. Insurance companies’ profits on well being plans are extremely low, therefore some organizations struggle to gain profits. Thanks for the ideas you discuss through this site. haaruitval dutchclinic.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you very much for your post! I am very interested in your points. virgin hair

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your writing style truly enjoying this web site . hair cut near me 34465

    ReplyDelete