Eye Product,

[REVIEW] Makeup Academy (MUA) Pro Extreme Curl Mascara

Thursday, February 09, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 11 Comments


Finding the perfect mascara takes a bit of trial and error. Depending on what you want for your lashes there are mascaras that claim to give you thick voluminous lashes or long lustrous lashes. The Makeup Academy (MUA) Extreme Curl mascara in Black Brown claims to shape and curl your lashes. Here is my review on the product!


MUA Say:
Extreme Curl Mascara shapes lashes beautifully from root to tip for long-lasting curl.


Packaging:
The packaging of the mascara comes in a cute metallic tube, the wand is long and curved. The consistency of the mascara was wet when I first used it but then after some months now its the perfect formula. Not too dry or wet. When the formula was wet I found it a bit difficult to work with since the wand is long and tapered. The wand ends up having too much product on the tip so you would need to wipe it off.
I find that with just one coat it gives amazing length and curls the lashes. I find that it gives a bit of volume but not a lot. The wand is perfect for getting the tiniest lashes. I use the wand curved down for my upper lashes and curved up to get my bottom lashes. It really helps to get the difficult inner and outer corner lashes.


Swatch:


To Sum it up:
My lashes naturally stick straight down and I find that it gives a tiny bit curl to them naturally but with curling my lashes it helps to keep the curl up. If you have lashes that don't need to be curled, this mascara is perfect for you. The mascara does start to clump if you keep wanting to build up the length. It does start to weight down my lashes if I apply too much. It gives a good amount of length and a bit of volume with just one coat. The only problem with this mascara is that it starts to feel uncomfortable to wear after 4 hours. I haven't had any issue with smudging or flaking.


Likes:
- Curved wand
- Keeps lashes curled
- Lengthens and volumizes
- Doesn't Flake


Dislikes:
- Not Waterproof
- Clumps with second coat
- Can make lashes feel hard and uncomfortable after 4 hours


Rating: 4/5
Price: £2.00


You can find this mascara available at the MUA online store here. In Pakistan you can request Just4Girls.pk to order the product for you.


Have you tried this mascara before? What did you think of it?

You Might Also Like

11 comments:

  1. Seems like a good product but i personally dont like curved wands,i always get some on my cheek;) Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble with curved mascaras as well. Sounds promising though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesnot make much difference i feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Sidrah..would like to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like it makes a pretty good everyday mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is actually one of my favourite mascaras. I like how wet the formula is as it doesn't clump for me. The only thing I don't like is the smell. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the MUA range! Soo freakin affordable and good quality as well. What camera do you use btw, love the detail. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't sound like my type of mascara - too wet and and turning hard and uncomfortable does not float my boat. thanks for the review
    i like their single eye shadows

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all I would like to thank you for writing this post I love both writing and reading new posts and I was just looking at new posts to see me something new, only then I saw your post and the rest of the post is praiseworthy.
    sofeeya.com

    ReplyDelete