Color Studio Professional,

[REVIEW] Color Studio Professional Pro Luminous Foundation

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 12 Comments

I'm always up for trying out a new foundation, especially one with so many added benefits. The Pro Luminous Foundation by Color Studio Professional is a new product out in the market that claims to provide whitening agents along with SPF for medium to full coverage. I've been testing this out for a couple of weeks so lets see what I think of it!
Color Studio Professional’s latest addition to their makeup range is the Pro Luminous Foundation. Our skin needs extra pampering and finding the perfect foundation is a tough task. With daily sun damage the added UVA and UVB protection provides long wearing coverage against harmful sunrays. The benefit of SPF 15, the Pro Luminous Foundation provides effective protection from sun damage and photo-aging. With the Pro Luminous Foundation, achieve a flawless look with multipurpose benefits all in one bottle! 
Packaging:
This reminds me of the typical drugstore sqeeze tube bottles, the consistency of the foundation is very liquidy and this bottle dispenses the perfect amount of product. When I first opened the bottle, it does spill out A LOT of product, making the top very messy but after using it the product doesn't overflow out of the bottle. The bottle does seem small at first, but you really need a small amount to cover your entire face.
Swatches:
The Pro Luminous Foundations come in 4 shades, for olive toned skin you'll be sure to find the perfect shade in this range. The numbering on the foundations is a major flaw in this range. If I was a customer going into a store to look into foundations, I would go by the number in the range and by how different the shades would vary with the order. 

With that said, Shade 101 Asian Beige is the deepest out of the 4 foundations. Shade 102 Soft Beige is the lightest of the 4, it has almost a slight pink undertone but this would work on pale complexions. Shade 103 Ivory is lighter than Shade 104 Natural Skin, they both look very similar and have the same undertones but Ivory is slightly lighter. Natural Skin is perfect for my skin tone, it has more of a yellow undertone compared to Ivory.

Color Studio Professional Pro Luminous Foundation Swatch
Color Studio Professional Pro Luminous Foundation Swatch (Shade 104 Natural Skin)
To Sum it up:
The Pro Luminous Foundation has a really thin- slightly watery consistency without being very sheer, which I really like in a foundation. At first I thought the thin consistency would mean that I would use a lot of product everyday and considering the size of bottle but surprisingly I needed a bigger than pea size amount of product to cover my entire face and neck. For medium coverage you will require more product. The thin consistency gives a light to medium coverage and applies pretty easily and it does get rid of the yellowy tone to my skin. 

In the morning I can easily slap this on my face with my fingers and know that I don't need to spend too much time to blend it into my skin. So if you don't have a foundation brush, you can easily work with this product. With the added whitening benefits, it gives a slight brightening effect to the skin that I really like though I'm not sure how this would look for night photography since it does contain UVA/UVB and flash photography will make your skin appear white. It surprisingly lightens up the darkness around my eyes without the use of concealer. This has been ideal to use for the daytime since it does have the SPF benefits.

As for the finish, its very dewy. I apply this in the morning after washing my face, applying an oil absorbing toner then a primer because I have combination skin. Even with all the prepping this does make my skin oily around the t-zone after an hour or 2. For everyday use I don't mind have a slightly dewy finish, the oil around my nose does get annoying. I do set this with a mineral powder. If you do have oil/combination skin type and you don't mind a dewy finish then you will like this formula. 

The shade selection isn't that wide but there will be a shade perfect for your skin tone because it is a light coverage foundation. This can be built up to a medium coverage but not at all full coverage. 

I would recommend this to someone who is new to makeup but aren't looking for a lot of coverage with their foundation.

Likes:
- Easily Blendable
- Light-weight formula
- Brightening effect
- Moisturizing 
- Contains SPF
- Natural finish

Dislikes:
- Not ideal for oil/combination skin type
- Weird scent
- Not long-wearing without a setting powder

Rating: 3/5

Price: Rs.750

For more information you can check out Color Studio Professional on Facebook as well as their website.



You Might Also Like

12 comments:

  1. I quite like the semi matte finish of this foundation. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin. But yes, the scent us a turn off. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea I like that its not heavy either. Thank you Sara :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so gonna check them out now. Thanks for the great review <3

    http://makeupbyremy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it works out for you! thank you!

      Delete
  3. I have got them in Asian Beige & Natural Skin I cant wait to use them and do review for them ... As I have oily skin lets see how it will work on me .. Nice review :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! Its pretty ok for an everyday foundation. Natural Skin seems to be the perfect shade for some.

      Delete
  4. it deffo brightens your skin up! looks really natural too great review sidra :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your before and after pictures are really good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review and lovely pics.

    Your blog is amazing and I'm a new follower now.

    XOXO

    My Bathroom Is My Castle – Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the difference in the pictures! It would be a good pick for dry-normal skins u think? i should give it a try then:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommended for dry-normal skin type!

      Delete
  8. Sounds good..but I have oily-combination skin so would give it a pass...nice review!! :)

    ReplyDelete