Garnier,

[REVIEW] Garnier Skin Naturals Oil Control Fairness cream SPF 15

Sunday, June 24, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 12 Comments

There's a new product from Garnier out now! I loved using the Skin Naturals Light Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 for the longest time, with the new Oil Control Fairness cream promising to keep your skin free from oil build up while naturally lightening your skin tone. Sounds like the perfect product for the summer?
Garnier enhances its Skin Care Portfolio with the launch of the Skin Naturals Light Moisturizing Cream SPF 15

The naturally sourced Garnier Light Oil Control Fairness Cream is the latest innovation within the Garnier Skin Naturals Light range, which stands for fairness. The cream contains natural lightening power of lemon essence, renowned for whitening the skin tone, fading acne marks and providing flawless fairness. This natural power is combined with a unique oil trapping technology, which gives the skin shine free, matte based fairness lasting upto 8 hours.  
 


Lets Sum it up:
Garnier products have always suited my skin, this is one summer product I knew I had to mention on my blog because the hot season ends up doing treacherous things to my skin. Skin Naturals Oil Control Fairness cream is similar to the Light Moisturizing Cream that comes in the glass jar. I loved using it but it did make my skin oily through the day, so I was looking forward to trying out the promise of a matte finish.
I've stopped using moisturizers for the summer, so I'm stuck with using only a primer or sun screen because oil just builds up on my nose if I use too many products. I use just a pea size amount and apply it starting from my nose and blending it out. You only need a small amount of product or else it does leave a white layer, if you have a darker complexion I would recommend using a tiny amount. For me the white layer wasn't an issue. 
This seemed like the perfect product because it does contain SPF. The texture of the cream does mattify, it's not one of those slippery creams that glide on easily. The scent is the typical citrus/lemony that most of their products contain which I like. 
As far as the 8 hour claim goes, not a chance! This lasted about 2-3 hours before I could feel the oil creeping up on my t-zone. I do like how my skin feels with this cream once applied, it leaves a smooth texture. 


Likes:
- Sun protection
- Naturally Lightens skin
- Citrus scent not too strong 
- Smooths out skin

Dislikes:
- Not long wearing as claimed
- Not suitable for dry skin
- Will leave a white layer on darker complexions 

Price: 40 ml PKR 199 
          20 ml PKR 99

Rating: 3.5/5
Availability: All Leading super stores


You Might Also Like

12 comments:

  1. Nice One!!! I have long stopped using fairness creams and yes,this oil appearance after a few hours is a problem wih EVERY moisturiser. I keep blot papers with me and use them. Do check my review on Nivea visage mattifyng gel cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah there is simply no way to keep our skin oil free for the whole day. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately! I was looking forward to this product with high hopes.

      Delete
  4. It my all time favr8 brand i like all products of garnier

    ReplyDelete
  5. frm whr can i buy this online?? plz plz plz tell me

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. skin whitening for men

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a bed product. Noting Improvement. Wastage of Time and Money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete