Avon,

[REVIEW] Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liners

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 Sidrah!!!! 5 Comments


Ever since I could remember my mom has been using Avon products, so naturally I've been using Avon since I first started using makeup. One product that is essential in everyone's makeup drawer is an eyeliner. The eyeliner was the first product I started using so ever since then I've been hooked on these Avon eyeliners. So for today's post I'll be reviewing Avon's Glimmersticks in Saturn Grey, Blackest Black and the waterproof Sea Green



Avon says:
Our #1 Liner! Defines eyes with perfect precision. Smooth, glide-on color. Long wear (wears up to 12 hours!) Retractable, self-sharpening

Each of these liners has the same retractable applicator which gives the best precise application in the waterline and tightline. The formula does smudge for a smokey eye but it doesn't give you raccoon eyes! I haven't found the waterproof formula to be any different from the regular pencil, it stays put and its the BEST liner for the waterline. My eyes tend to get very oily throughout the day so Kajal's always smudge and bleed on me. These stay are long wear eyeliners which is great if you work all day and you aren't able to touch up your makeup.


The Glimmersticks have all performed the same on me, I've also tried the navy blue and plum shade which I couldn't find to show you for this review. These eye liners are a lot softer and smoother then a regular eyeliner. Since its creamy you don’t have to press hard or tug your skin when applying. The product comes in a skinny tube so you never need to sharpen them, you simply just twist for more product. Which there is a lot of product in these! Since you only use a tiny bit, this goes a long way. 


The only thing I don't like about the Glimmersticks are the shades, they are not vibrant at all! If you apply them on your waterline they don't show up extremely green or blue, which some might like if they want darker colors. I highly recommend the Blackest Black, its a rich deep black as you can see from the swatch. The Saturn Grey has a hint of sparkles but they don't show up when you apply it.


The black doesn't have shimmer, that's just from my eyeshadow.
Swatches:
This is about 2-3 layers, its not opaque with just one swipe. 



Pros:
  • Creamy
  • No sharpening necessary
  • Waterproof, sweat-proof
  • Perfect for the waterline
Cons:
  • Shades are not vibrant
  • Can dry out after a while
Rating: 5/5
In Pakistan these are available for Rs 800, you can see the product here
Avon is also selling in Pakistan, visit their Facebook page here 
You can find these at Avon UK here


I haven't purchased from the Avon representation from Pakistan, I had these sent to me from a relative.


So what do you think of these eyeliners? Would you consider purchasing them? Please feel free to leave a comment!

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

  1. 2 years back my sis gifted me Saturan Grey and Black. Agreed colors are cool but not vibrant and grey is quite Dull when apply alone. Same result is from their Retractable Glimmersticks lip liners, they even break badly.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are looking great, I love the shades <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm AVON is a great brand.I had a couple of their lippies a few years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look super pretty :)

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete