Makeup Favorites of 2013!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 Sidrah!!!! 22 Comments

I rarely ever post about my monthly favorites since I feel like I would be repeating the same products over and over again, with that said I wanted to share my staple beauty favorites that I absolutely loved in 2013! Most of these have popped up in some of my favorites last year as well. 
2013 Favorites
When I look over 2013 and my makeup stash, I feel I used a lot more lip products and I kept going back to the same lip color over and over again. For 2014 I really want it to be the year of experimenting with eye makeup, let's see how that works out!
Cheek Favorites

Cheeks (I don’t think I’ll ever get over peach blushes)

Color Studio Pro Blush in Natural Glow [review] - I would say this is the blush that I really fell in love with since the start of the year. It’s the perfect natural looking blush to wear without giving you an excessively bright cheek. It’s wearable for daytime and evening.

Catrice Blush Duo in Peach Sorbet - Loved this blush for daily wear. It looks very bright and livens up my complexion and goes well with nude and light pink lipstick. I really like the duo shades since I use the lighter as a highlight shade.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Mellow Wine - Where have you been all my life!?! The newest dusty peach blush in my stash that wears all day without fail. It looks so beautiful on the skin, easy to blend out. It’s just effortless!


Eye Favorites

Eye Makeup

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadows in Comfort Zone  [review]  I definitely used more of the brown side of this palette, my favorites are the Eyelid and Crease shades. It just looks lovely with any makeup look.

Catrice Maximum Resist Volume Mascara – I never got around to reviewing this one since I’ve run out of it. This gave my lashes such volume and curl all day without flaking. It wasn’t the most perfect mascara since it made my lashes stick together sometimes but it was a good one to use this year.

Essence Gel Liner in Midnight in Paris [review] This was my repurchase this year and I will keep going back to it. It’s easy to apply and doesn’t smudge on my waterline, love it!

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold [review]  Paired with any bronze makeup look, I used this as a base and it really makes metallic eyeshadows pop. Wears all day without fail. 



Face Favorites

Foundation

Catrice Infinite Matte Foundation in 030 Apricot Beige – A very lightweight foundation that wore really well in the evening for a light coverage. I’m not huge on full coverage foundations but this one I really liked for the natural finish.

Garneir Oily/combo BB cream in Light – I loved this BB cream formula, it’s the most matte BB cream I’ve tried and I really like how it brightens up my complexion during the daytime. 

Pressed Powder

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 050 Silky Beige – I hopped on board the Stay Matte train since this is so raved about, I love how it feels on the skin with application. I got this in a slightly darker shade to wear on top of the Garneir BB cream, the perfect pair for me.

Luscious Flawless Finish Powder Foundation in 0.5 Warm Ivory [review]  Every time I needed a completely mattifying finish, this powder was there for me. I wore this on my t-zone throughout the Summer months and it outlasted every other powder I have to keep my t-zone shine free.

Highlight

ELF Studio bronzer in Golden [review]  Another recent purchase that I felt was missing in my makeup stash all along, love this for an everyday highlight but can also be intensified for nighttime.


Concealer

Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Tan – I’ve tried sooo many concealers this year, I can think of at least 4 off the top of my head and none of them I truly fell in love with then with this baby. It’s the perfect shade with the best coverage and wears nicely all day.


Lip Favorites

Lip Balm

MUA Love Hearts in Hot Lips - I really like the texture of this compared to any other lip balm. It has a sweet vanilla scent and really keeps my lips hydrated.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch - I love the scent of this one! I got this in my secret blogger swap from the lovely Sara Hassan. I love wearing this on top of any lipstick to hydrate my lips. 

Lipsticks

Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie [review] - My go to bold berry lips!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain in Honey [review] - My everyday too lazy to wear makeup lipcolor

Color Studio Pro Color Rush Lipstick in Acapulco [review] - An easy to wear browny nude lipcolor

Wet n Wild Megalast in In the Flesh [review] - My everyday pink, loved this one a lot. 

Rimmel London Kate Moss in Shade 05 [review] - The best bright pink lipstick that perked up my makeup

Luscious Signature Lipstick in Coral Pink [review] - My favorite long wearing everyday peachy nude lipstick. I think this will be the very first lipstick that I will use up all the way. 

Luscious Super Moisturizing Lipstick in Dusty Pink [review] - This is one of those lipsticks I never wear at the start of my day but mid-day to hydrate them a bit

Lip Gloss

Luscious Plumping Lip gloss in Berry Smoothie - The only lipgloss I really wear on its own, it feels smooth and hides any dryness on the lips


I hope you all had a lovely 2013, looking back I'm really excited and looking forward to 2014. I hope you all gave a fun and blessed new year :)

You Might Also Like

22 comments:

  1. Great picks! I must try that concealer you love. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great collection some of are my favt also http://anoodmaliksblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooooood Post Sidrah =) I am too busy to compile my Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your picks Sidrah, great lip products!! sooo wanna try the comfort zone palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picks sidrah , i had hard candy conealer in medium which was light for me , cant wait for your review on this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks...love all the products :) Haven't tried the glamouflage concealer yet...will get this soon IA :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i ll def pik that csp blush next year ;)nice picks 7 HAPPY NEW YEAR TO U :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year Areej! You need to try the Pro Blush range :)

      Delete
  8. Great picks! For some reason I didn't like Hard Candy concealer. Maybe the one I receive is old, since it has some weird smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have an oil kinda smell but I really like the coverage!

      Delete
  9. Sidrah im waiting for concealer review!
    Happy new year <3
    www.ilovly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely picks... here so many thing i am already in love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your favourite are awesome... I was digging into my favourites of the year and than I realised I haven't tried enough makeup this year, I will try to buy more makeup in 2014:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello,

    where do you get wet n wild blush and eyeshadows from pakistan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zainab! I usually order from facebook pages for international brands. You can also ask Just4Girls.pk to arrange wet n wild.

      Delete
  13. hello,

    where do you get wet n wild blush and eyeshadows from pakistan?

    ReplyDelete