elf,

[REVIEW] ELF Studio Bronzer in Golden

Saturday, December 28, 2013 Sidrah!!!! 13 Comments


I'm not a huge fan of using highlighter on my checks since the shimmer has a way of accentuating pores. So I wanted to get a highlighter that would brighten up my complexion without it being overly glittery. Thus I came across the Elf Studio Golden Bronzer.
What ELF say:
Create a healthy looking glow all year round! The sheer soft powders provide the perfect hue of colour. 

Blend all 4 colours together to achieve a blend of perfection or choose your favorite colour or colours to mix, match and blend. 

Golden Bronzer- An illuminating shimmer that is subtle and radiant. Ideal for summer or year-round.






Swatches:





Let's Talk About it:
The ELF Studio Bronzer come in 3 shades total. Out of the 3 I picked out Golden since I was looking for a warm shimmery highlight. 

Let's talk about the packaging. The powder comes in a really huge compact, its split up into 4 shade variations from light beige to a darker bronze. You can dip your brush into each shade since its large enough to work as individual shades. I love the huge mirror it comes with, it's perfect for travelling.

This is definitely not a bronzer for medium to dark complexions, its very pale to work with. For me I wanted to get this as a natural highlight. It has a gorgeous luminescent sheen to the skin. Its not over powering which I really like about this powder and its exactly what I was looking for. Its not chalky as some highlighters tend to be. 

The powder has a stiff creamy texture. I didn't experience any huge powder fallout or fluff from the pan but you do have to press your brush into the powder to get the product out. 

Application wise it applies beautifully onto the skin. Since it has a stiff texture the powder didn't spread all over my cheeks and face.  Wherever you place it it will stay put. You can choose to use a fluffy brush to add a glow all over your skin or use a smaller/stiff brush for target highlighting on the cheekbones. I tend to avoid using this anywhere near my nose since it will accentuate any pores. I prefer to apply it on the uppermost part of my cheekbones. 

The darkest shade can be used as a bronzer to add some warmth to your cheeks. If your in a pinch- this also works lovely as an eyeshadow! It lasts all day with some minor fading.

Likes:
-No powder fall out in pan
-Long wearing
-Subtle sheen
-Doesn't transfer
-Tons of product
-Huge mirror

Dislikes:
-Can Accentuate pores

Rating: 4.5/5
Availability: BeautyJoint.com
Price: $3.99

You Might Also Like

13 comments:

  1. Wow...love the swatches...and packaging too...Must try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweety nice review. I have changed my blog url
    www.ilovly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This looks really great, I'd give it a shot. Its staying power is as good??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the swatches touches my heart, lovely bronzer... Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lasts all day?well this is a must have for me.Thankyou so much for sharing xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice packing and so are the colors.....xoxoxoxoxo...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. like the color http://anoodmaliksblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear, does beauty joint delivers your parcel safely even if non-traceable shipping is chose? and which courier delivers it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely review
    http://www.rumahsmakeupdelight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww crap. I just placed two HUGE elf orders, not knowing this was exactly the product I'm looking for. I just saw it on their website and thought 'naah' and didn't look it up because I thought it was just a regular bronzer for contouring, and since I don't contour I wasn't interested. Well who knew this was a gorgeous deep highlight. Hope I'll spot it Target.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Review!
    If you considering the the 'warm' shade as well, have a look here http://sugarspiceanderrthingnice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For example, the logos of the organizations like Nike, McDonald or IBM. They are straightforward, yet unmistakable and life-changing. logo design service

    ReplyDelete