Essence,

[REVIEW] Essence Pure Skin Range

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 Sidrah!!!! 82 Comments

The Essence Pure Skin range was launched about a month or so ago. I absolutely love the brand for having such low prices on makeup, with a new skin care range will the products live up to expectations? I've got 4 new products to talk about so this is going to be a long review!

Essence Pure Skin SOS Spot Killer

What Essence Say:
Pure skin while you sleep! There it is again – whenever you need it least… a spot! But now there’s an sos helper for emergencies: the essence pure skin sos spot killer! The innovative 2-phase formula with a clearderm complex is super fast and effective as it dries out spots overnight to battle skin impurities. Shake before use, apply on the affected areas after cleansing in the evening, leave on overnight and simply rinse off again in the morning. 
What I think:
Essence Pure Skin SOS Spot Killer is an alcohol based spot treatment that has a white, creamy texture. The product comes in a glass tube and a brush for application. It has a very strong alcohol scent. It contains about 60% alcohol so it’s great for those with small acne breakouts here and there to help dry it out.  

I’ve had 2 breakouts around my chin area and I applied the spot treatment at night before going to bed. It feels very tingly at first but once it dries it stays put until you wash it off. There was no drastic change in the breakout so I tried it again the next night and still it hadn’t cleared up. The third day I did see some slight change in the size of the breakout. 

I would’ve liked if this worked as an overnight treatment, how awesome would that be! Most acne treatments take about a week to show results because by that time the pimple has dried up. Overall this works but you have to be patient with it. 

Rating: 4/5
Price: 590rs

Essence Pure Skin Anti-Shine Pore Refining Serum

What Essence Say:
Triple power! This serum is a true all-rounder and the perfect basis for your daily skin care routine. The fast-absorbing formula with our clearderm complex regulates sebum production and frees the skin of excess oil. The serum visibly refines pores, controls shine and actively battles pimples and blackheads. A highly effective new addition product for a smooth and silky complexion.


What I think:
As someone with an extremely oily t-zone, this would have been a dream! It claims to visibly refine pores, keep your face matte throughout the day and fight blackheads- all of which I have a problem with. 

The product is a clear blue gel/serum consistency. It has a very mild medicated scent to it but that nothing too overpowering. It dries down once its applied.  I tried applying this in a few different ways. The first time I wore this on my t-zone bare without any cream or moisturizer- I took a small amount and massaged it in the areas and nothing! It didn’t make any different on my BB cream application, I paired this with the Pure Skin BB cream thinking I would get a good result. Later I thought that I wasn’t letting the product dry enough, so I applied it and then did my eye makeup. After about 5-10 minutes I still didn’t notice anything different. I've even applied it in a  dabbing and pressing motion, still nothing noticeable. I've been testing this out in various ways for the past 2 months- all of which didn't give a noticeable result.

This didn't work at all for me, as far as the blackhead prevention I didn't notice any less blackheads or spots on my skin with use. It does a good job with prepping my skin before applying any makeup, it hydrates any dry patches you may have. 

Rating: 1.5/5

Essence Pure Skin All-in-One BB Cream

What Essence Say:
Universal: One for all! This lightly tinted cream ensures a smooth, radiant and flawless complexion. It makes small skin imperfections disappear without blocking your pores. The oil and perfume-free beauty balm is with SPF 30 is a must-have amongst foundations for a smooth complexion. This all-in-one BB cream beauty balm, moisturises and smoothes complexion, and has a light formula for a healthy look, less visible imperfections, even, smooth, radiant and moisturised complexion. It doesn't clog the pores. Is oil-free and fragrance-free, and has SPF 30. Dermatologically tested.



What I think:
I got this in the shade 020 Natural. Its has a yellow-peachy undertone which does a great job in giving a medium coverage. The shades are targeted for Asian complexion which is ideal for those who can't find a good matching BB cream.  

The finish is dewy but not too much that it slides off your face. Honestly BB creams aren't meant for oily skin types. I can't wear this on its own throughout the day since it feels very heavy and ends up making my t-zone shine even further. 

I would not skip out on wearing a powder with this, it helps set the BB cream. I do like how it blurs any flaws and imperfections. It blends into the skin easily without any fuss. For dry skin types or for the winter season this would be perfect. 

The only downside about this BB cream is that it doesn't last long on my skin. After about 4-5 hours of wear it fades and I end up looking like I have nothing on my skin. The only way I made the longevity work for me is by mixing it in with my Garnier BB cream for Oil/Combination Skin. It gives the perfect balance of brighten and a nice finish that I can wear all day without feeling too greasy. I love wearing the 2 together lately.  

Rating: 4/5
Price: 700rs

Essence Pure Skin Anti-Spot Cover Cream

What Essence Say:
Undercover… the natural-looking tinted cream with our clearderm complex has a double effect: it quickly and efficiently battles impurities and offers targeted coverage for individual pimples and red areas of skin at the same time! Simply apply on the affected areas, blend softly and enjoy your flawless complexion. Effectiveness dermatologically confirmed. 

What I think:
The Anti Spot Cover Cream is said to fight spots and blemishes while covering imperfections. It has a very creamy consistency with a dry texture which makes it difficult to blend out. The shade is on the beige side, it doesn't help with covering dark spots or undereyes with a purplish tone. It ends up exaggerating imperfections more than it should. I've tried dabbing this onto any spots but it's very difficult to blend into my skin. The coverage is medium which will work on blemishes more easily than with undereye circles.

On my swatch I applied it around my eyes, nose and any darkness around my face. While it covers everything in the photo it looks very unnatural in person but once you blend it out with a good foundation this can work well as a concealer. 

Rating: 3.5/5

Swatches:



For more information and details on the new Essence Pure Skin range, visit them on Facebook. You can purchase Essence online at Just4girls.pk. 


You Might Also Like

82 comments:

  1. Looks good! Even tried this brand but will keep an eye on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks good. I like the spot cover bb cream. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping for better results! Thanks for the review though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great I will check out the Spot covering cream sooooon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the reviews are great! the bb cream looks nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good on you, and covers your dark circles quite well. But from the review, it seems none of the products might work for a lot of girls. Essence to me feels like a brand for teenagers for some reason :D
    Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  7. your skin is so good MA,the spot covering cream looks appealing to me...thanks for the review sweety!!!!
    http://thegirlsgallery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liking the spot killer..

    PS: u look so pretty and so is ur skin...its soo fresh..
    thank u for reviewing this in detail

    Nida's Beauty Bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need. PREGNANCY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apply lotion when your skin is as yet clammy from your shower or shower - this will secure dampness and keep your skin looking full and solid the entire day. Body oil is a particularly rich approach to saturate your skin. Like all oils, Patyka's Absolis Precious Woods body oil makes a hindrance layer that dampness can't infiltrate. Skin Cream

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! Drugs for sale without prescription Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blackwood for Men ! I'm trying BLACKWOOD for the last three weeks for my hair and it's giving me extraordinary results You guys must give it a try This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. csgo ranks

    ReplyDelete
  15. So they gave it a name: magnificence. Also, with years passing various individuals with various encounters drew their own thoughts or presumptions or encounters of excellence into cites, sonnets, melodies and stories including the individuals who attempted to generalize magnificence. website

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am interested in such topics so I will address page where it is cool described. used facial equipment for sale

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beaver says I also have such interest, you can read my profile here: Advanced Aesthetics

    ReplyDelete
  18. For many people this is important, so check out my profile: spa & equipment discount code

    ReplyDelete
  19. Radiance is found in Him because He is the Word of the Father, and the Word eternally uttered by the Father completely and perfectly expresses Him. He is the brightness of the Father's mind. aesthetics wholesaler

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. csgo ranks distribution

    ReplyDelete
  21. On this page, you'll see my profile, please read this information. cashmere sweaters

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mellow the points giving the figment that both the brow and stunning show up smaller. Eyebrow growth serum

    ReplyDelete
  23. For many people this is the best solution here see how to do it. Zemits system

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Will hemp soap help me to relax?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Listed here you'll learn it is important, them offers the link in an helpful webpage: Will hemp soap help me to relax?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. perfect uv protection cream ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for giving us amazing information on skin care. I just loved it so much. I was thinking where could i get such information. Now i found it here. Please keep updating this article. Best acne scar treatment

    ReplyDelete
  28. Then again, if your dry zones are what concern you the most and you go to an item that is excessively emollient for the T-Zone, you may cause breakouts and your skin will feel oily. The dryness might be cause from an absence of dampness (water) in the skin and not an absence of oils by any stretch of the imagination. There is a distinction among dry and dried out skin and it is imperative to understand what you are managing. Nueliv Ultimate Repair & Anti-Wrinkle Formula

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. https://sites.google.com/view/hairoilpakistan/

    ReplyDelete
  30. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work 網上交友平台

    ReplyDelete
  31. A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post. korean cosmetics wholesale suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  32. Any skin care routine can be made more powerful with the expansion of sufficient soothing rest each night. Your general skin quality is antagonistically influenced by the pressure to your framework brought about by absence of rest. Getting a decent night's rest is the one exceptionally successful magnificence treatment for your skin that is totally free. spa day benifits

    ReplyDelete
  33. Obviously more modest regions like the upper lip start around $75 per treatment and bigger regions, for example, the back can be pretty much as high as $900 per meeting. Eventually however, no more razors, not any more waxing, and no seriously tweezing. Lasting laser hair expulsion will be saving you both time and cash over the long haul. Laser Hair Removal in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  34. So how would you be able to deal with dispose of dry skin all over? Here are a couple of facial skin care tips that may help. spa day benifits

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic. how long does cbd tincture last

    ReplyDelete
  36. These facials may likewise incorporate measures, for example, microdermabrasion, where miniature particles are impacted across the skin and vacuumed up; microcurrent, where the facial tissue is animated by running a slight current through the skin; or light treatment, which transmits extreme light heartbeats over the skin. Zianmed

    ReplyDelete
  37. The body's insusceptible framework will at last attempt to dismiss unfamiliar skin which is the reason sourcing from the patient himself is the most ideal alternative for long haul treatment. http://www.infinite-wellbeing.com/pets-in-the-workplace.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. Canada Visa for German Citizens

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. indické turistické vízum

    ReplyDelete
  40. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Las Colinas Property for Sale

    ReplyDelete
  41. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. 먹튀폴리스

    ReplyDelete
  42. These are the subjects I will address to attempt to bode well out of what is befalling American health care and the means we can by and by take to improve things. Healthcare value analysis

    ReplyDelete
  43. A many individuals trust, "The endowments will make health protection arrangements more reasonable, will not they?" Yes, at times the sponsorships will assist with making the arrangements reasonable for individuals. laser toenail treatment houston

    ReplyDelete
  44. I might suggest solely beneficial in addition to trusted facts, and so find it: dermal fillers for sale

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. 대전건마

    ReplyDelete
  46. Due to this disastrous truth, it truly is dependent upon us to do our own exploration and sort out for ourselves what to search for in a protected and viable enemy of maturing treatment. skin care routine steps

    ReplyDelete
  47. Garlic is a characteristic wellbeing supplement that has been utilized all around the world to treat hacks, toothaches, ear infections, parasitic diseases and helpless course. When hoping to purchase normal wellbeing supplements, driving the rundown ought to be the every day nutrient/mineral/supplement that is the premise of your enhancement program. coolsculpting miami

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing. https://westasianetwork.com/ashford-formula-middle-east.php

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work https://westasianetwork.com/ashford-formula-distributor.php

    ReplyDelete
  50. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. Make money online

    ReplyDelete
  51. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. private investigator madrid

    ReplyDelete
  52. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! 꽁머니 환전

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you for the update, very nice site.. 먹튀검증

    ReplyDelete
  54. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. บาคาร่าออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  55. This blog website is pretty cool! How was it made ! 먹튀검증업체

    ReplyDelete
  56. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. หน้าหมอง

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. ไฮยาลูรอน

    ReplyDelete
  58. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. joker

    ReplyDelete
  59. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information. vrbet

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. เว็บสล็อตที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  61. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. สมัคร UFA

    ReplyDelete
  62. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. คาสิโนออนไลน์เครดิตฟรี

    ReplyDelete
  63. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. algebra 2 textbook answers

    ReplyDelete
  64. An interesting dialogue is price comment. I feel that it is best to write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers. 먹튀폴리스

    ReplyDelete
  65. Thank you very much for this great post. superslot

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hmm… Once i comprehend websites employing a connected problems, however once i don't ever ceased your web site. Once i extra inside the merchandise to aid populars also i’ll probably become kinds committed primer. 【効果なし?】マイプリセラムの愛用者口コミ評判は本当?美肌効果を試してみた体験レビュー

    ReplyDelete
  67. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. lottery sambad

    ReplyDelete
  68. Whoi, excellent, t wondered just how to cure icne. ind found your webstte by google, dtscovered todiy t'm i ltttle obvtous i greit deil. t’ve ilso idded RSS ind sive your webstte. keep us updited. Organic Natural Handmade Soap

    ReplyDelete
  69. The two sorts of cosmetics proficient mean to make the customer put their best self forward genuine as well as under the extraordinary lights of the camera and advanced photographs.HY6AA

    ReplyDelete
  70. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. facial treatments near me

    ReplyDelete
  71. Overabundance sun openness can cause changes in the skin cells prompting harms which can foster earthy colored spots, skin disease, dry skin and untimely kinks. https://www.emoneyspace.com/forum/index.php?topic=508135.msg%msg_id%

    ReplyDelete
  72. Appreciates created for survey quite a powerful system, While i transpired next to your blog aside from decipher a new finite declare. I might like versions tactic involving inscription... best skin care products for sale

    ReplyDelete
  73. Spot on with this write-up, I actually think this website needs far more consideration. in all probability be once more to read far more, thanks for that info. moles and skin tags removal pickering

    ReplyDelete
  74. Thank you for your style connected with motive though this information is certain place a new damper within the sale with tinfoil hats. day spa

    ReplyDelete
  75. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_1VkUCmkw-V3HPK-qE5ThQ I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete
  76. I am a huge fan of Korean beauty and all of the different SkinCare products and routines that they have. Most of my routine comes from an app called SKIN AQUA, which I really recommend to anyone Also from the app I've been using the PEEL OFF MASK from Globe, which is a brand I had never heard of before. But since trying this product I've been hooked on the brand. Not only do they have a peel off mask, but they have a new product that really interests me. It's a CRYO FREEZE GLOBE that you put on for a minute and it freezes your skin and supposedly makes a mask last a week. It's something I've never experienced before, and I'm very interested in trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Good Article, you have share very helpful information in this article., thanks for sharing..
    India Pest Control Services

    ReplyDelete
  78. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. home remedies articles

    ReplyDelete
  79. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Skin Fillers For Sale

    ReplyDelete
  80. Thanks for sharing this amazing article on essentials Health Derive

    ReplyDelete