Hair Products,

[REVIEW] Wen by Chaz Dean -- Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Monday, August 06, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 1 Comments

As a part of the WEN Beauty Bloggers meetup a few weeks ago, us bloggers got some WEN haircare goodies to try out. The product that I received was the Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner. I've been using this product ever since I got it and I have to say I am hooked!
What is it:
A revolutionary step toward beautiful, healthy, shiny hair. WEN cleansing conditioner replaces shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler, leave-in conditioner, and even shaving cream.

Who is it for: 
Formulated for all hair types, especially those with fine-to-medium hair.

Why is it different: 
WEN cleansing conditioner is detergent free, yet gently cleanses and moisturizes. Sweet almond mint is a universal cleansing agent that doesn't weigh hair down.

How do I use it: 
Cleansing Conditioner should be applied in four sections: crown, nape, ends on the right, and ends on the left. For hair above your ears, use a minimum of eight pumps (two pumps per section). For hair above your shoulders, use a minimum of 12 pumps (three pumps per section). For hair down to your shoulders, use a minimum of 16 pumps (four pumps per section). For hair past your shoulders, use a minimum of 20 pumps (five pumps per section). For hair to your mid-back, use a minimum of 24 pumps (six pumps per section). For thicker/coarser hair, increase amount of pumps in order to thoroughly cleanse the scalp and hydrate ends. Please see FAQ tab for more specific information and approximate pumps per bottle.

Ingredients:
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Chamomile Extract, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Rosemary Extract, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Whole Wheat Protein, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Menthol, Essential Oils, Citric Acid, Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance.

Ingredient Attributes: sulfate free, paraben free



What I think:
When I first got this I wasn't sure what to think! My first thought was 'where is the shampoo?', but after seeing the demo video at the bloggers meetup I understood what the product is about! It is a revolutionary product since I know people will use it the wrong way. I find that this is the perfect way to cleanse my hair without stripping my hair of natural oils.


I use it by first wetting my hair and taking one entire pump and massaging it into my scalp. Then I take another full pump and massage it on the back of my head and then another pump for the ends. I use about 4 pumps since its a good amount, I can't imagine using more than that since its a heavy cream consistency. Once I have it all massaged in, I spritz a bit of water and create a lather, the lather isn't the same as a regular shampoo. I leave it on for the remainder of the shower and then I wash it off. Thats it! 


Once you have towel dried your hair I recommend applying the smallest amount on your ends.
My hair feels amazingly soft and manageable, not dried out or frizzy at all. I wouldn't use a lot of the product since my hair is prone to getting oily easily. My biggest issue is frizzy hair and this really does a good job in taking care of the problem.


This is one of those products that I will be sure to repurchase!


If you are interested in ordering you can visit the Wen Hair Care Pakistan Facebook Page here


And... some pics from the Bloggers Meet up!

You Might Also Like

1 comment: