Lips,

[REVIEW] Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters- Tutti Frutti, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie, Red Velvet

Monday, August 27, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 23 Comments

It's Lip Butter time ladies!! These gorgeous Revlon lip treats have been the talk of the beauty world for months now and I recently got my pretty little hands on these beauties. 
What Revlon Say:
- Buttery Balm + Shiny Color
- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.

- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
- Available in 20 luscious shades

Tutti Frutti, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie, Red Velvet
 Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters Swatches 
*sorry for the lack of lipstick photos, I accidentally deleted them off my hard drive. :'(


Let's Sum it up:
Before I even tried these babies on, I had high expectations which was inevitable because almost every YouTube Guru and Beauty Blogger has been raving about these lip products non-stop. So what makes these stand out from other lipsticks? For starters they apply very smoothly with an opaque color. If you are like me and no matter how often you scrub your lips and apply lip balm, your lipstick still makes your lips feel rough. With these lip butters, they glide on effortlessly and even helps to make your lips feel smoother

Personally I picked out these particular colors because of my lips, they already have a good amount of pigmentation and lighter more neutral colors does end up looking very sheer on my lips so I am more than thrilled that all of these showed up opaque on my lips. 

Tutti Frutti is a gorgeous coral orange, it's the sheerest of the bunch on my lips. This is the only one that I have to layer on 2 or 3 times to get a good pigmentation. This is also the least wearing out of the 4, it lasted about 2 hours on me.

Lollipop is my favorite out of all of these. It's a pretty fuchsia pink that has glitter specks, the particles don't show up that noticeably on the lips. The pigmentation is really opaque and lasts more than 3 hours on me. This one does leave my lips stained after 3 hours.

Raspberry Pie is a darker rosey-pink, it's opaque in just one swipe. This one also lasted more than 3 hours on me and left a stain on my lips.

Red Velvet is a dark warm red. My mom's favorite and it looked stunning on her with her Eid dress. This one lasted about 2 hours and didn't leave any noticeable stain on the lips. 
All of these have a smooth, glossy finish which is a plus since you don't need to layer a lip gloss for added shine.

Likes:
- Smoothes out dry/rough lips
- Hydrating
- Pigmented
- Wide variety of shades
- Glossy Finish
- Packaging

Dislikes:
- Tutti Frutti has less pigmentation

Price: 950Rs
Rating: 5/5
Availability: Wishlist 

Have you given in to these Lip Butters yet!?

You Might Also Like

23 comments:

  1. You have picked the best shades. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum! looks so good Nope haven't tried these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you got really pretty shades:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving all shades. nice pick...and swatches are very helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Was waiting for your post ;)
    I've really been wanting Tutti Frutti & Candy Apple but I think Lollipop looks amazing too and the fact that it leaves a stain is the cherry on top! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked some amazing colours. Raspberry Pie looks lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lollipop is a gorgeous color.each color is so pigmented on your lips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. brilliant shades!! im a little disapointed with the staying power but thats to be expected with a lip product so balmy! great post:) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lollipop is gorgeous! i love the packaging as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Raspberry pie. I want to get my hands on Lollipop now =)
    xx
    http://samram1214.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i also have four of the lip butter and have two as you lollipop and tutti frutti, i love lollipop , great review

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I want these!!! Great review <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. still haven't tried these!

    you have such a lovely blog, too!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my brand new giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks gorgeous! I love Revlon - they do some really nice things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. After reading your review I am so gladI orderd one for myself :)
    Nice work.
    Following you.

    Desi Mom From Pakistan
    desimompakistan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. can't wait to get my hands on these babies great review

    http://samrasbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these so much - I think I have six of them now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. woww lovely shades , cant wait to get my hands on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't believe I haven't tried these yet. The colours look so pretty!

    Shifa
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This could be one particular of the most helpful blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Magnificent. I’m also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your hard work.
    aloe vera gel

    ReplyDelete