Tutorial

[TUTORIAL] Peaches and Cream Eye Look using ELF and Essence

Friday, January 20, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 18 Comments

Hello everyone!

I wanted to do a very natural but fun look using some peachy colors since its not practical to wear bright and bold colors for every occasion! I didn't use heavy black eyeliner but really just used a black gel liner to enhance the lashline. This look can be worn out for a daytime occasion since it is very light and only using a few colors. The entire look can be done with just the ELF Butternut Quad, so if you are looking for a great inexpensive quad I recommend checking it out!

Here is the look I came up with!

So lets get started! 
First prime your eyelid using your favorite primer, then add a thin layer of a cream color base. I used a shimmery cream from a Avon trio in Dreamy


Taking the peachy color from the ELF Butternut Quad (I depoted the shadows in case you are wondering), apply that on the inner corner. 


Taking a peachy color that's less shimmery and apply it all over the lid. I used Essence Urban Messages Eyeshadow in 03 Peace It.


Taking a cream bronzey-brown shade on a tapered pencil brush, apply that on the outer corner and taking it up into the crease. This will help bring out the powder shadows, just make sure to apply a really thin layer and blend it out. I used the same Avon trio in Dreamy.


I took a shimmery bronze color and applied it over the cream shadow, I used Essence Eyeshadow in 35 Party All Night.


Just to darken up the crease I took the darkest brown from the Elf Butternut Quad and applied it lightly over in the outer corner with the same pencil brush. Make sure to blend everything out.


Now we are going to highlight! Taking a light shimmery cream color apply that on the inner corner and directly under the arch of your eyebrow. I used Shade 1 from the MUA Heaven & Earth Palette. I also applied a copper color on the lower lashline from the same palette. Then I took an orange pencil and applied it in the waterline, I used the Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in 13 Remember Amber.


For lining the lashline I used the Essence Gel Liner in Midnight in Paris (Read my review here) on a really thin flat brush. This brush is great for really getting into the lashline and making a thin delicate line. Apply the liner really close to the lashes. 

For Mascara I applied MUA's Extreme Curl in Black brown. I also used a Christine's Black/brown pencil just to darken up the lower lashline.

So I hope you all liked this look! I hope this was an easy look for everyone to achieve. Let me know if you will be trying this out or if there are any other products you would like to recommend keeping with the brown and peach color scheme.

You Might Also Like

18 comments:

  1. WOW the step by step guide is soo soo helpful (: Love the natural look. Keep it up (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! love the neutral look. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel eyez =))really love your eye make up.Very attractive :)) Thanks for sharing xoxo Luv =))

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome .. nice look ... btw pls share details about brushes you are using ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sana- I used a flat shader brush from Clarity , the tapered pencil brush is from Adesign and the flat liner brush is from Avon. Sorry I didnt mention it, I will add it.

    Thank you all for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this easy to follow tutorial. Even beginners like me can follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tutorials!! Looks so good on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the tutorial. I am going to try this look soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tutorial sidrah! nice and easy, a great neutral eye!!:) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice makeup!!! so chic!!! great for a day look...


    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love ur blog <3 plz check mine out and add if u like it :) follow me ill follow you
    kissandblushmakeuptm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your tutorial sidrah as always grt

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning, great photographs!

    ReplyDelete