elf,

[REVIEW] E.L.F Super Glossy Lip Shine in Mauve Luxe & Watermelon

Friday, December 30, 2011 Sidrah!!!! 10 Comments

After trying a bunch of ELF products I realized I hadn't tried any of their lip products. So I placed an order on ELF Pakistan for some Super Glossy Lip Shine's and some Essential Lipsticks. For Rs.170 I though why not? I will be reviewing the lipsticks as per request!
So I purchased 2 Super Glossy Lip Shines. I didn't like the other essential lip glosses since they come in a pen so you don't get a lot of product. With these you get a sufficient amount of product for the price! I wanted to try a very opaque shade and a very sheer one and I found that these Mauve Luxe and Watermelon were perfect. 
 ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine

I like both of the shades I picked and they will last me a few months depending on how often I use them.  I love wearing both on their own! If I want to wear a gloss for daytime I opt for Watermelon and for a dark lip for a night occasion I go for Mod Mauve.

Generally lipglosses do not stay on longer then 2 or 3 hours depending on how you eat and how often you touch your lips. With a few tips you can make you lip glosses stay on for about 4 hours or more. By using a lip liner, eating with a utensil and not licking your lips.

ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine Swatch
Mod Mauve is a really pigmented deep rose shade. Watermelon is a bubblegum pink shade. These glosses are really sticky but it contributes to their lasting power. 

The glosses have a thick consistency which I really like since they apply really well and they don't bleed out during the day. I find on some days when my lips are chapped I apply this gloss and it helps to hydrate them but I wouldn't do this often.

                                             ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine Mod Mauve Swatch
                                            ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine Watermelon Swatch



To Sum it Up:
I really like how these feel and smell on the lips. They have a fruity scent which I really like! With the added SPF 15 it is a nice little gloss to have on the go. Now I am not too fond of the tube glosses, they look a bit childish however it is really convenient to use on the go.  Overall a great bargain product. I don't have any major dislikes. 
I will definitely repurchase these shades since they are really pretty. For some the stickyness of the gloss might be annoying but I have started to get use to it and now I like the feeling of the product!

Likes:
- Pigmented
- Nice fruity scent
- Travel friendly
- Includes SPF 15
- Easy application for on the go
- Inexpensive

Dislikes:
- Product can be sticky



Rating:
4.5/5


Price: 
Rs. 170



Check out ELF Online: 

You Might Also Like

10 comments:

  1. Watermelon looks amazing on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not tried any ELF yet so maybe I should start here! thanks for the awesome review! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stickiness is a problem I tend to have with most lip glosses but eventually you get used to it, like you said. I really like the shade mod mauve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both look gorgeous on you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judging by the swatch on your hand i thought mod mauve was going to be darker on the lips,but it looks gorgeous. surprisingly it's my favourite out of the two (i'm a pink person).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would've loved it if they weren't sticky! :( Thank you for the swatches and the honest review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. both shades look really pretty!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right about the stickiness.It is sort of offputing.But i like the smell though:) Nice review

    ReplyDelete