An Update and I need some help!

Saturday, August 20, 2011 Sidrah!!!! 10 Comments

Hey everyone!

So I wanted to do an update on some of the things that I have been up to lately!



I recently did an EOTD look for ateenadj that you can check out here. Please feel free to leave a comment! Its currently commentless :(

What I need your help on! Most of you all might have heard of a volunteer organization called The Citizens Foundation. A year back I volunteered for them and it was an amazing experience. My one year reunion is coming up on September 10th and I wanted to make a gift hamper for the girls that I mentored (which are 8). The girls are about 8-10 years old. 

So what I needed your help is to give me some ideas on what I can give them that’s out of the ordinary. I’m very bad at gift giving ideas, the last time me and my co-mentee gave them an Urdu to English translation dictionary and a book of poems. Now knowing how much we all love makeup it won’t be ideal to give them such things. 

If you guys can help me on some ideas or if you are willing to donate some things for them I would appreciate it, but mainly I would love ideas! Its too much to ask for to donate items.

I wanted to share some photos of the girls:


If you want more information about them visit their website http://www.thecitizensfoundation.org 
I hope you guys can help me! Have a lovely day!

You Might Also Like

10 comments:

  1. great post honey, will definitely check this site..thanks for sharing<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can gift them some accessories like bangles,bracelets, earrings ,hair accessories paired with some nice girly deo etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well u r great in real.. Congrats on completing one year of grt work.. And i thnk u should gve them somd jewelry or somethng like ths coz eid is about 2 come and ths would b grt eid gift 4 themwell u r great in real.. Congrats on completing one year of grt work.. And i thnk u should gve them somd jewelry or somethng like ths coz eid is about 2 come and ths would b grt eid gift 4 them

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. greattt work dear , keep it up<3
    http://makeupoholics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. gift them something useful and something that can cheer them up...you can make a cute little pouch...add some multicolored jewelry so that they can wear it with any outfit..they will love some nail polishes and lipsticks,a wallet will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great cause you are helping with. God bless you for your efforts. I plus! Benish's idea. They can help make the handmade pouches and every girl will be able to show some creativity and give it her personal touch.Then fill it up with bangles,cone mehndi sweets etc. I'm not in the favor of giving girls their age lipsticks,nailpolishes and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ALL for your suggestions. I think it will be a great idea to get some pouches that can be used as a purse, and fill it it bangles, tiny earring and rings! I think the girls will be very happy!

    The Citizens Foundation is a great organization, Inshallah I will be joining the program again for the October session. You all should consider joining as well! Its just one session every saturday for 3 hours, 9-12. They offer pick and drop as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i appreciate for your theis casue... yes, u must give some pouches filled with girly stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete