Proactiv,

[REVIEW] Proactiv Solution

Saturday, December 01, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 6 Comments


Proactiv has been around for years with huge celebrity followers from Jessica Simpson to Katy Perry. I remember first using the 3 step system when I was dealing with acne breakouts in my late teens. Back then a lot teenagers in the states were using this treatment to help cure their acne so I tried it and it didn't give me astonishing results. Now that Proactiv is available in Pakistan I gave it another try. 


What Proactiv Say:
  • Step 1: Renew
This medicated Renewing Cleanser is made with new, exclusive micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide — featuring smaller, finer particles designed to quickly penetrate pores to start killing acne-causing bacteria on contact. Tiny exfoliating beads gently remove dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells to help keep pores from clogging. 
  • Step 2: Revitalize
This refreshing, alcohol-free toner helps remove impurities and excess oil so your skin looks and feels clean, soft and refreshed -- not tight and dried out. Soothing botanical agents gently balance your skin tone. 
  • Step 3: Repair 
The repairing treatment is a feather-light medicated lotion that gets deep into clogged pores faster but is designed to be gentler on the skin. It's an oil-free formula that's safe for your entire face. 
  • Refining Mask
The rich, deep cleansing mask uses sulfur, a proven acne-fighting ingredient that reaches deep into the pores where blemishes begin. It gently unplugs pores, heals existing blemishes, pampers inflamed skin and softens and refines the skin texture.



What I think:
Using these products brought back a lot of memories of dealing with acne. So now in my mid 20s these gave me different results. My skin is less sensitive to acne breakouts now but it's almost always caused by the environment. It's either pollution, oil build up or stress. Since the weather is more dry now, my skin is less prone to heavy oil build up caused by sweat. 

I've been using the 3 step system daily and after the first use I've noticed my skin feels smoother and less oil build up throughout the day. The Renewing Cleanser is a gentle exfoliating cleanser that has a water consistency. The tiny scrubbing particles is perfect for scrubbing off any dead skin cells. It includes micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide which gives the cleanser a very strong medicine scent. 

The Second step is the Revitalizing Toner which works great to removing any residue that was left behind from the cleanser. This is my favorite product to use since toner's are ideal for oil prone skin to reduce any oil throughout the day. The Repairing Lotion was my least favorite since it didn't have any SPF especially for being a day lotion. It's also a thin consistency and I mainly focus on applying this on my nose, chin and forehead. It didn't leave my skin feeling oily however it does hydrate.

The Refining Mask is perfect for those pesky pimples that pop up out of nowhere. I used this as a spot treatment on a breakout on my chin and left it on for about 10 mins after it dried. The mask tingles when applied and dries after 10 mins. I used this around my nose to see how it would work with my pores and it didn't really do anything to shrink them. For the breakout is did lessen the appearance of it. I used this all over my face and it was very difficult to wash off and it still left this white cast on my face. 

Overall the treatment would work best for those who are dealing with acne, having this skin care regimen would greatly reduce acne. For me it worked moderately since I don't have as much acne breakout. Though the treatment is pricey, it's suitable for those who are looking for an alternative to a medicated acne solution. 

Price: 5,500rs
Available: Just4Girls.pk 


You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. thankyou for this review sidrah.i used to have acne.fought it off myself after my fourth year mbbs.No dermatologist could help.well,i wanted a good,honest review on this one.thankyou fr sharing.bdaway,does it do smthing for uneven skin and pores?

    http://desimompakistan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had always wanted to try this but never got around to doing it. I used Roaccutane for my acne treatment. Thanks for sharing! xx
    www.sairasbeautylounge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister bought this few years back, its nice but the cleanser is a little too harsh for everyday use..and apart from this, it contains benzoyl peroxide which actually isn't good for health..so i never used it again!
    Nice review though :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its Fantastic blog for natural remedies for skin,.and would like to recommend this to my friends and colleagues.

    ReplyDelete