nails,

[REVIEW] OPI Nice Stems! Summer Collection-- Swatches

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 Sidrah!!!! 10 Comments


Spring is here and what better way to step into the bright sunny weather then with some colorful nails. With the weather changing so does my color palette. The OPI Nice Stems! Collection is right up my alley, with 4 pink polishes that will surely say spring is here.

The Collection was release for the Summer of 2011 and has now arrived in Pakistan. With the floral themed play on words that OPI are known for, these shades include a variety of finishes along with a sheer glitter polish that’s perfect for layering.
Play the Peonies, Come To Poppy,  Be A Dhal-ia Won’t You, I Lily Love You  

OPI Nice Stems! Collection 
With whimsical names based on their floral inspirations, these vibrant, flirty colors range from pale, frosty pink to rich fuchsia. Nice Stems! offers fingers and toes a perfectly pink shade for all of summer’s looks.

“These vibrant, feminine hues complement 60’s ladylike fashions, 70’s glam looks, and bold color-blocking, which are the season’s staples,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “The Nice Stems! collection also offers an interesting contrast and feminine accent to the punk and biker looks on the runways.”


The packaging comes in a oh-so-adorable flower pot!



Play the Peonies 
This shade is a soft creamy pink with a hint of shimmer. I don’t get why I have the hardest time getting light color polishes to not be streaky. To get an opaque coverage it took about 3 layers. This subtle shade is perfect for everyday wear.
OPI- Play the Peonies
OPI- Play the Peonies Swatch
Come To Poppy 
This shade is a corally pink that shows up more pink. This is one of those polishes that looks more pink sometimes and others more coral depending on the light. This doesn't have a glossy finish, its more of a semi-matte with the slightest shimmer. This is my favorite out of the collection, it’s the most opaque and it looks gorgeous paired up with I Lily Love You! It took 2 layers to get an opaque coverage but you can get away with just a single layer.
OPI- Come To Poppy
OPI- Come To Poppy Swatch
Be a Dhal-ia Won’t You?
This is a bright fushia pink shade with tons of sparkles, this is one hot polish! It had the same opacity as Play the Peonies, it’s a bit sheer and took about 4 layers to get an opaque coverage. I love the sparkles in this polish, it really has a wow factor!
OPI- Be A Dhal-ia Won’t You
OPI- Be A Dhal-ia Won’t You Swatch
I Lily Love You
This is a very sheer pink glitter/flaky polish that has loads of multicolored particles. I had to layer it about 2-3 times to get enough glitter on my nails. The glitter has a variety of shapes and sizes. I paired it up with a few shades just to see how it would look. It looks the best paired with Come To Poppy and I think with pink polishes it'll look really great. I figured the glitter would show up more with a black base but it really didn't look that appealing. I wore it without a top coat and the particles didn't come off which is great if you don't have a top coat in hand.

OPI- I Lily Love You
OPI- I Lily Love You  Swatch
OPI- I Lily Love You  on top of Be A Dhal-ia Won’t You, Come To Poppy, Play the Peonies and Sonia Kashuk- Starry Night

To Sum it up: 

This is a great variety of pink polishes, there is something for everyone. With these mini-polishes I would prefer if they were more opaque since you wouldn’t be using so much of the product  if you are able to purchase these individually. All of the polishes were easy to work with except Play the Peonies which was a bit streaky for me, it can be an application issue so if you have never had any difficulties with light-shade polishes then it will work for you. Come to Poppy and Be A Dhal-ia Won’t You are definitely perfect for bright polish lovers. I Lily Love You is great if you want a touch of glitter on your nails but you will have to layer it on which then makes the polish turn a bit gloopy. 



Price: 1500Rs


Availability: Just4Girls.pk online, various retail and spa outlets in Pakistan can be found on OPI Pakistan's Facebook page here



You Might Also Like

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shades <3 Great review & NOTDs Sidrah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite sets. I lily love you is just so pretty!
    Great post

    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely collections. Great swatches Sidrah :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely colors. When i saw the collection online, i thought its regular shades of pink :) your review has changed my opinion.. thanku for these upclose pictures of swatches :) looking forward to buying them now :)

    http://glamagem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I'm not ready for these summer collections yet! I love this mini sets by OPI, must find this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the colors are really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Lily Love You looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete